Sunday, April 5, 2009

Inside the Variac



I haven't touched the amp project in nearly a year. I have acquired additional test equipment though, to include a an a capacitance decade box, capacitance analyzer, a bridging transformer for impedence mathing in audio inputs, an RF Signal Generator, a DC ampmeter, and an older multimeter. But of course the hard part has been finding time to put this stuff to good use. I did pull out the Variac that I bought last year, with the goal of getting it into action. I will need it to safely test amps and individual components like transformers. For starters I cut the wires off, and removed the cover. I have obtained enough technical information about this that I hope to get it wired for 120vac-to-120vac use soon. But not without a call my pop first. Please click on the photos here to see enlarged versions.

No comments: