Friday, July 25, 2014
Vibro Champ Update
The chassis prep is nearly complete. I have pots nearly all selected. I am adding push-pull pots to enable switching for tone stack and feedback loop. I've settled on a PS design with the help of the PSU design software from Duncan Amps. This allowed me to make use of a 4-part electrolytic capacitor. I had hope to use a 5.5H choke I pulled from a Knight-Kit, but an over zealous drill operator (guess who) over penetrated while drilling pot holes, and wrecked the choke. Import stuff: pilot light will be green. The 7C5 tube base had to be move from bottom mount to top mount. This 7C5 will be wired in parallel with the 6V6, which will allow "either/or" operation. Hope to have chassis fully loaded by end of August. If you get this update as an email remember to go to the blog to see full size photos.